Congrats on this great Yearbook: I already established it as mandatory reading for the whole market team, it’s excellent information and inspiration what we can do for our clients along the value chain!
Helping clients get heard
In a world flooded with information, how do you attract and hold the attention of your audience? And how do you package the message or tell the story in a way that will ensure you are understood and remembered?
These are the questions that we answer on a daily basis as we use our storytelling, copywriting, translation, graphic design or film production skills to help our clients maximise the return of their investment in marketing or communications.
How we help
We specialise in writing text and producing communications content for discerning audiences in complex industries. Our creative services cover:
- project or sales presentations
- image or product brochures
- content for your web or blog
- explainer videos
- image films
- e-learning courses
- white papers
- whole communication campaigns
Who we help
Our clients include global leaders in:
- reinsurance and corporate solutions for insurance
- power generation and distribution
- real estate investments and marketing
- 3D measurement technology
- private banking
- customer banking
- water and the environment
Engaging starts with excellent
SoundsWrite adds value! David always pushes for a very deep understanding of the issues, which he then uses to make the messages clearer or to propose creative ideas that allow us explore new approaches.
Why work with SoundsWrite
A fully-faceted communications campaign
- Client: Swiss Re’s Group Data Services
- Impact: Data Culture became a prominent topic throughout the company
- Our role: Campaign creative direction, development and production of graphics, audio and video content
- Deliverables: a slogan, logo, CD/CI, key visuals, film scripts, animation storyboards, production, audio branding, film music, voice-over.
The future of insurance is data-driven. But what does that mean for the average employee? What do they need to know about the company’s strategy and their role in everything from building a data culture to following governance guidelines?
We developed a consistent but flexible look and sound for all the media that we produced. Then there was a variety of communications tools such as email signatures, backgrounds for video calls, course title images and entertaining explainer videos. Please contact us for more information about this campaign.
Driving digital transformation
- Client: Swiss Re Smart Analytics Community
- Impact: Effective positioning, awareness
- Work: Comms consulting, copywriting, graphic design and video production
Since 2015, we have been supporting the communications of the Smart Analytics Community at Swiss Re. It’s a complex and fast moving field which poses exciting communications challenges. We support an innovative team of data scientists and business consultants with all the communications materials that they need to position their unit and drive the digital transformation of their company.
Craftsmanship in the spotlight
- Client: WStuderAG
- Work: Web-publishing and portrait photography
Since 2019, SoundsWrite has taken care of the web-publishing and portrait photography for WStuder AG, Kreuzlingen’s leading plumbing and heating company.
The challenge was to create a flattering employee gallery that would reflect the company’s commitment to craftsmanship, aesthetic products and timeless quality. But the workshop environment is unrefined and many employees were uncomfortable with having their photos taken.
Instead of bringing people into a studio setting, we chose to shoot everyone at work and use supportive coaching and beautiful, dramatic lighting to create the most aesthetically pleasing shots.
Writing for a powerful partner
- Client: Alstom Thermal Services
- Work: Text and layout for all types of communications
25% of the world’s electricity is produced using equipment manufactured or maintained by our client, Alstom. We have been writing for Alstom since 2009 and have penned many of the company’s most popular brochures. We have also handled a wide variety of writing tasks that demand the combination of both engineering and marketing flair.
E-learning brought to life
- Client: Swiss Re’s iptiQ (Life & Health insurance)
- Impact: Long onboarding trainings seem much shorter and exciting
- Work: E-learning script, 4 animated films. Learning goals, course structure, storyline, multi-media concept, animation storyboarding, production, music, voice-over.
A white-label digital insurance provider asked us to develop an e-learning aimed at new employees who might be industry veterans or total newcomers. So we had to compress a large amount of strategic and technical content into the course.
The result was a flexible 25 minute e-learning course that presents the market need, the company strategy and the target operating model all in a highly engaging and memorable fashion.
Ghostwriting – crafting your message
- Clients: Confidential
- Work: Ghostwriting books and corporate communications.
In the midst of the 2008 financial crisis, a young executive hired me to help him write a book on banking. When others were losing their jobs and giving up, his career rocketed. An inspirational speaker on a punishing speaking schedule needed a writing coach and partner to help him take his message from the stage to the page. Perhaps you need a carefully worded speech or help making a difficult company announcement. With my help, crafting your message will be easy and enjoyable.
Comprehensive Creative Direction
- Client: Swiss Re Corporate Solutions
- Work: Text content and visuals including a cartoon production for global sales campaign.
It all started with a regional sales promotion idea. Clarifying the offer and developing internal materials, we helped our client to obtain the buy-in of his stakeholders with a powerful internal presentation. The next step involved creating an audio teaser for the film, which captured the imagination of the company and paved the way for the full animated film production.
E-learning for compliance
- Client: A major Swiss insurance company
- Work: Creating content, characters, scenarios and quiz questions
Initially we wrote the course content. But the project was faltering during the implementation. Using our understanding of the client’s expectations and the programming agency’s culture we were able to bridge the gap and save the project. The end result was an engaging e-learning course that deals with compliant handling of broker service agreements.
Visual story lines for complex products
- Client: Alstom Thermal Services
- Work: Video scripts
We bridge the gap between the client and the video agency with a strong command of storytelling, and a good understanding of the production options and the product technology. In this way, we have helped Alstom maximise the impact of many videos with strong scripts, storyboards and pre-visualisations.
Soundswrite helps us to communicate in brilliant English even with very complex matters.
Tremendous. Very proactive. Able to take the initiative and make things work.
- Our direct clients range from global brands and market leaders to SMEs, start-ups or individuals.
- Our agency partners tend to be Swiss advertising agencies looking for an authentic English voice for international campaigns.